Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Yellows + Checkered Knit Vests

I know, I know I have posted outfits surrounding this over-sized mustard blazer and I have to say that I am just deeply in love with this color. I learned in class today that with my skin color I should stay away from oranges and yellows because it doesn't suit me...but I'll have you know that I refuse to be pried from this blazer and instead I will happily embrace my yellow skin and accept warm tones as well as cool ones.
For this outfit, I combined black and white to the mixture of yellow, and looking at the pictures now, they've reminded me of bees...haha but anyways, the knitted checkered vest came from my grandma. The best vintage comes from her since shes just as stylish back then as she i right now. You'd think that since it's becoming more warmer, knits would be far from the season, but I still have a love for them either way. Tying them up with dresses and shorts aren't bad at all, they add texture to anything. (If you haven't realized it yet, I love love looove mxes of color and texture, its my way of adding some "self" to my outfits)

I've got some homework to do, so I'll talk to you all soon!!

Much love,
Heliely

5 1 11 4 7 8 Wearing: Thrifted Mustard Blazer, Vintage Checkered Kknit Vest; Forever21 shorts (here); and Seven For All Mankind Double Strapped Heels

2 comments:

  1. I love the heels, awesome look!

    xoxo
    amourvero

    check out my Fashion Blog
    www.amourvero.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a perfect mustard color!

    www.styleandshades.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete